The purpose of every person for learning French language is different, and that is the beauty of it! The idea or thought of doing French lessons can arise in the mind of children, professionals, college-goers, homemakers, etc. but the reason for each one of them can be unconventional. If you are learning it for fun, then you can learn it from anywhere and whoever you want. But if it is anything important to you and your career, a certified course is a must to have. Yes, you should have proof of your skills and efficiency in speaking.
There are different levels of a French class. Every one of them has a meaning to it and the learners. You will have to complete all the levels successfully to acquire a certification or a degree. Out of all the testimonials, there are two that hold special place and recognition in the world market: DELF and DALF
What is DELF-DALF exam?
DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR): A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2. They are the only French as a foreign language diplomas issued by the French Ministry of Education as proof of a non-native French speaker’s French language abilities. They are also valid for life and are recognized worldwide.
Understand the different tests and levels of DELF-DALF
– DELF Prim is intended for the children aged from 7 to 11 years old in elementary school. DELF Prim is divided into 3 levels: A1.1 , A1 and A2.
– DELF Junior is intended for teenagers aged between 12 and 18 years old in secondary school and is divided into 4 levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2.
– DELF Tout Public is made for everyone learning the French language from 18 to 77 years old (or more) who wishes to validate officially and sustainably their learning of the French language. It is divided into 4 levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2.
– DELF Pro is intended for the students or workers which goal is to integrate or to be promoted in France or in a French-speaking environment. DELF Pro is divided into 4 levels : A1, A2, B1 and B2.
– DALF is targeting adults either at university or working. DALF is divided into 2 levels: C1 and C2, the highest levels. DALF C1 and DALF C2 form the best diplomas of French language. The acquisition of a DALF is the proof that one masters the French language.
Not sure what these DELF-DALF exams are all about? Come and join us. We offer a wide range of levels from Beginners to Advanced DELF-DALF preparatory classes. Interested parents can contact the school for more information.
Merci et à très bientôt !